Today, we went to Hollywood Studios. We slept in because we were out so late last night, which even though we aren't on a "schedule," we are very schedule-people, so we felt behind schedule first thing! We met Jake from "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" which is a current favorite around our house. We actually got lucky and only had to wait in line about 10 minutes to see him. I heard that some other people had to wait around an hour later in the day.
Handy Manny was also there, and although we don't watch his show too much, Logan still enjoyed meeting him! When we asked if he just wanted to skip it, he was like, "Nooooooo!!!" After that, we went to see Disney Jr. live. The show was okay, but everyone had to sit on the floor (that's the way the show is set up), and let's face it, as an adult, there's really nothing fun about sitting on the floor. And then they kept squeezing more and more people in, so about every thirty seconds, they were making us move up!
We got a fast-pass for the Toy Story Mania ride around before 12:00, and the time to come back was 6:30!!! So, we went back to the hotel, ate lunch and took a nice, long nap!
Zeb and Logan rode the Toy Story ride while I started our wait in line to see Woody and Buzz!!!!! It was about an hour wait, and it was definitely worth it. I have to say, that I think Disney could organize the whole meet-and-greets better than they do. The lines move SO slow, and of course, there are so many kids running and screaming and parents just playing on their phones not paying attention to anything. My suggestion (in case Disney is listening!) would be to have the popular characters in more than 1 location during a certain time period. The kids wouldn't know because you wouldn't be taking your kid to more than 1 location. Also, they need to keep the lines moving instead of having the characters try to get to know the kids. I mean, it's nice that you want to high five all the kids and hug and fist-bump, but let's move it along. Another suggestion would be to charge people to get their pictures taken, even like $1 per picture and set appointment times. I would pay just so that I didn't have to wait in line. Obviously, it was important to us for Logan to see his favorite, Buzz Lightyear, but we lost a lot of time that we could have been exploring the park.
| Logan ready to be launched off to find the other toys.... |
| Probably one of the highlights of our trip. We didn't tell Logan who we were waiting in line to see, so when he finally caught a glimpse of them, it was priceless!! |
I didn't take many pictures today, and it started to rain later in the evening, so we were just trying to get from one place to another. Even though we loved seeing Woody and Buzz, I can't say that we were all that impressed with Hollywood Studios. Again, this is just our opinion. I'm sure that if Logan were older, some of the other rides and attractions would have been more interesting for him. We have 2 days left in our trip, and I'm guessing we'll spend most of that time at the Magic Kingdom or Epcot!
| I know this is the same as the above picture...for some reason, Blogger is not letting me delete it!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment