Sunday, August 28, 2011

Our Adventure

On Friday night, we decided to go to the River Greenway and see what that's all about. Of course, we couldn't walk the entire trail with a little one who has the attention span of about 30 seconds, but I'm glad we went. When we got home from work, we told Logan that we were going on an "adventure." I love making mundane things seem like they are so exciting. In case you don't know this already (hah!), kids take their cues from us...if we present something as exciting and fun, when they are 2, they will believe it's exciting and fun, too. He was SO excited to go! So, we walked on the trail a little ways and we looked for treasures. Of course, we were singing songs along the way. And as long as Logan stayed on the trail, he didn't have to hold our hand, which is a big deal. Because I pretty much make him hold our hand EVERYWHERE. And then, a biker came along and Logan reminded us why we still need to hold his hand. The whole, "Logan, get out of the way!!!!" didn't work out that well. There was no accident, not even close, but I was still panicked. Letting go is hard.































We found the muddy, dirty disgusting river. I had in my mind this idea that it would be pretty. And clean. It was neither. As a matter of fact, it was a little scary. We went a little close and Logan threw some rocks in, but that's about it. If any locals know of any great little pond areas to take the kiddies (you know, the kind where you can actually take your shoes off and feel okay about walking in the water), please let me know!





I SOOOOOOOO love this age. I already miss it. I ache when I think that someday (all too soon), he's going to be grown up. And while I know that he will make me proud to be his mama in all sorts of new ways, this is my favorite. I love the snuggles, the silliness, the cuddles, the "boys rule and girls drool!" and "you're a stinkin' girl, mommy" (all in good fun)....I love everything about this age. Even with the behavior struggles that often occur at this age, and of course, the never-ending potty-training struggle. I love it. I want to freeze time. When I am 90, I will undoubtedly look back at my life and smile when I think of all of our little adventures that were BIG fun to us at the time. Man, I love that boy.
































No comments: