Friday, July 30, 2010

22 Months

Oh, my heart is happy today because Logan reached an important stage...he reached the "Goofy Smile" stage. You know the stage, we all went through it. It's the stage where mom and dad say "Smile, so I can take your picture!" and this is what we get: I love it! I wasn't sure at what age this actually started, but evidently it's around 22 months. It can stick around for the next 2 months, but this stage must be over by his 2 year pictures. I don't like it THAT much.

At 22 months, Logan is definitely an explorer. He loves to get into anything and everything. He loves to push the limits and is definitely going through an "independent" stage. Tomorrow, we will take down his pack-n-play because he no longer enjoys being confined to such a small space.
He still loves his pacifier, so we're having a little trouble letting that go. He still loves books. He also likes guns and swords. He has been watching the movie "Batman" the past week. I don't necessarily approve of this "dark" type of action for such a little guy, but you know, daddy gets a say in some of this stuff, too.
My house has never been messier; my heart has never been fuller. To me, it's hands-down worth the messy house. I simply can't keep up with him and everything else. But I don't mind.
Logan, we love you more today than we did yesterday. I had no idea we would love you this much. I had no idea how much happiness you would bring into our lives. I had no idea how much joy we would feel and how much gratitude to God we would feel with you in our lives. I can't believe that you will be 2 in just 2 short months. Wow.



1 comment:

Wendy said...

Love the goofy smiles! Logan is such a cutie. Sounds like he is a super busy almost-2-year old!