Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sick

I get embarrassed when I have to admit that Logan is sick. I feel like a bad mom...like my house is full of germs or I didn't dress him properly or I didn't do something right. But alas, I must admit, he is sick again.

Zeb has bronchitis (this is not my fault) and all that entails. I have a fever, cough and I ache all over! Logan has double ear infections, a runny nose, fever and I'm guessing he has a sore throat because it sounds like it when he talks/coughs. He is in wonderful spirits though. But he did take a 5 hour nap today! I probably would have gotten a lot done if I was feeling better, but no such luck.

Both boys have gone to the doctor, but I have been resisting. I am fighting this (not doing great at it though).

I guess my biggest fear is that we will have to go through what we did last fall with Logan's hospital stays. I also worry about giving him too many antibiotics, seeing as how I'm pretty sure I was 31before I took my first antibiotic (which I was allergic to)!

I feel guilty about not going to work; I would feel guilty about going to work. I feel bad because the house work piles up when we're sick, but not bad enough to get off the couch! I feel guilty because I actually enjoy the snuggle time with Logan.

Is this normal? People that know me say that I need to get over the "guilty" feeling (on basically all points in my life), but it's how I've always been. So, on top of everyone in our house being sick, there's a cloud of guilt hanging over it, as well.

So, we appreciate your prayers for a speedy recover for all of us -- and also pray we didn't spread it to all of the family member/coworkers we've been around the past few days!

2 comments:

Matt and Abby said...

Praying for a quick recovery for your family!

Anonymous said...

Yes this is normal for a caring Parent. And it will always be that way. Right on into being a Grandparent and GGranparent. You will always care for your children.Prayers are with all three of you.
Love