Today was the first day of the new semester. I was not there. Logan was sick and we couldn't find anyone to watch him, so I had to stay home. Don't get me wrong...I want to be here when he is sick. Just not today! I feel so guilty about staying home today. But I'm sure I would have felt guilty if I went to work. So, what to do? I know I did the right thing. Logan's croup cough has now turned into a regular cough and he's eating well and doesn't have a fever. I know he's on the mend. So, why do I still feel guilty?
Please tell me I'm not the only working mom to feel this way.
3 comments:
Don't feel guilty AT ALL for staying home. You probably would have felt worse going in to work. I've had to miss work too for Hannah being sick and I did feel guilty. But the enjoyment of cuddling outweighed that guilt.
And remember, in 10 years you'll be glad you stayed home, right?
Hi Amy,
There are going to be many many times when the 'guilt trip' you put yourself on will pop up. What you've done is prioritize your life.
Logan is such a beautiful little boy (can't say baby any longer). Continue to enjoy each moment with him, as they grow up so very fast. Now you can go to work and know you've done what was right for you.
Hugs to Zeb and Logan and a big one for you.
Love,
Sandy
You have a great staff that works with you so trust them and don't look back. Your son needed you. I know how you feel and I felt that way many times, but when it comes down to it our family is forever and love you much more than your employer.
Post a Comment