It was harder on me than it was on him! He fell on his toy box. I almost passed out when it started bleeding. Oh my.
I think Logan is ready for school. He loves his backpack.
On Tuesday, Logan's grandma watched him at our house, so he got to stay in his pj's all day...isn't that fun? I wish I could stay in my pj's all day...
And look whose hair is getting very long!
I just love Logan in this little hooded sweatshirt. I think it made him look so big!
I spent most of today working on our next adoption profile. In order for birth mothers to consider us, we create a notebook containing a letter and pictures of us so that the birth mothers can look through and choose a family. That is how Logan's birth mother chose us to be his parents, so obviously, I take this very seriously. I have been praying about it all week, and I was printing and arranging the pictures today, I just prayed that our next birth mother will be led to us through our profile and she will see how happy adding another child to our family would make all of us! It's one of the most difficult things to do because you want to choose pictures and words that will represent you as a family -- not something make-believe or seemingly perfect...but I just tried to represent the happiness in our home and especially how happy being Logan's parents has made us. We feel that adding another child to our home would just add more joy!
As soon as I get these profiles bound, we will deliver them to the agency and officially be on the waiting list again. Some adoptive couples call it "paper pregnant." I made 4 profiles (all the same) -- 3 to take to the agency and 1 for us to keep. We take 3 because sometimes a birth mother will consider a family but then not choose them and never return the profile (it doesn't happen a lot, but it does happen), so I didn't want to have to make any at a later date.
So, we just ask that you pray with us. As I've mentioned before, we waited 20 months for Logan, so you never know...could be a shorter wait, could be a longer wait. We are ready anytime and we know that the Lord is in complete control!
2 comments:
Congratulations! We will pray for you guys during your wait!
You two are seriously two of the most incredible parents I've ever met. I love how much you guys love Logan. I'll be praying that you have your own prayers answered and can add another bundle of joy to the Johnston clan in 2010!
Post a Comment