What a great night in Fort Wayne -- who says Fort Wayne has nothing fun to do?! We had an amazing time. First, we went to the Living Christmas Tree. It is an annual production filled with some dance, drama and of course, Christmas carols! This is the second time that we've gone and it was just as amazing this time as the first time I saw it. The stage is set up with a huge tree...so big that about 100 or so (I don't know, I'm guessing on that number) singers sit in the tree and sing. It's too hard to explain, so here are some pictures (the best we could get)....
We went to a 4:00 show, and the big joke there was that that is the time all the old people go...I guess Zeb and I are old!
After the show, we went to an amazing restaurant called the Bourbon Street Hideaway. If you live in Fort Wayne and haven't heard of it, I'm not surprised, but you MUST go. We love watching the Food Network and seeing all of these amazing restaurants, and we also talk about how we wish Fort Wayne would have more restaurants other than "chain" ones. Well, we found this place, and it's going to be our special place. The food wasn't exactly cheap, so we won't go there often, but I'm guessing that we'll try to get there once a year now...maybe the show and this restaurant will become our tradition.
It's actually a tiny place and if you weren't looking for it, you wouldn't be able to find it. It's actually in a basement. The ceilings were low and it's really small...definitely a hidden gem. We ordered a lot of food. I took pictures. But don't judge me because we didn't really eat all of this food, we had some left over. But my, my -- it was GOOD!
This is the entrance. The door is on the left. See what I mean, if you weren't looking for it, you wouldn't even notice it!
The house salad....amazing....
My meal -- chicken, shrimp and rice.
Zeb's meal -- pork and cheesy grits (yuck!)
Our dessert -- chocolate bread pudding (we did NOT have any of this left-over!!!)
We had a great night, but we were definitely ready to head home to our little guy. I know we talked about him most of the night. We are pretty sure that by next year, he'll be old enough to go with us. There were some young boys sitting in front of us at the show and they were loving it! This was definitely the perfect way to get into the holiday season!
2 comments:
Wow...that food looks AMAZING!!!!
And I LOVED going to see the Living Christmas tree when I lived in Fort Wayne! So glad to hear they're still doing it!
Sounds like you guys had a fun date night - I'm jealous!
Hi! Looks like you had a really fun date night!
You had asked me about Zoe's hat on my blog. No, it's not handmade...it's actually from Old Navy. They had a lot of really cute ones that were very reasonable.
Post a Comment