I can't believe it's been almost a week since my last update. I guess the older Logan gets, the busier we get...chasing him around and all that good stuff!
Speaking of chasing him -- he is MOVING now! Last week, I was feeling guilty about being a working mom. He is going to be 8 months old this week and the physical therapist told us that he needed to be crawling by 8 months. On most evenings, we literally have about 1 hour to spend with him after supper, bath, etc...and that's assuming we have NOTHING else to do after work (no piano, no church, no school, etc) -- and if you know us, you know that doesn't happen very often.
Well, in true mother-fashion, I was feeling guilty. If only I could be with him all day long, we could work on moving, crawling, reading, writing...you know...he would be a GENIUS (hey, I'm not saying he's not a genius anyways....but...). So, last Wednesday is when the guilt was hitting me pretty hard. Wouldn't you know -- on Thursday, the little guy started scooting all over the place. He had been slightly moving prior to that, but nothing major. Now, you can't stop him. He sees something he wants and he goes after it. He's not on his hands and knees yet, but he's moving. Praise the Lord!
Don't get me wrong -- I would love Logan no matter what -- whether or not he ever learned to crawl or walk or talk. I love him from the very depths of my soul; he is my wonderful, wonderful son. But all of you mothers and fathers understand -- if you FEEL like you are doing something wrong (or not doing enough of something), it tears you up. I imagine this is just the beginning. What is it going to be like when he can make his own decisions -- oh, the horror (ha!).
But in all seriousness, I would say last week was a major milestone for the little guy and I'm happy to report that we have it on video. Now, if we could just find that one part to the camcorder that allows us to download the video, I could share it with the rest of you. Stay tuned....we'll find it eventually.
2 comments:
When Zebs dad was a baby a little older then Logan by maybe a month, I had came home on leave and he was just scooting around, makeing good time but not crawling. I ask Mitzi why he wasnt crawling or something like that.. she said he just scoots.. I was laying on the sofa and he came by as we were talking ,, I reached down and grabbed him by his diaper and pick him up to his knees and told him Start crawling, I was joking.. he looked at me and took off crawling,,shocked the heck out of both of us
Logan will start crawling when he is ready it might be tomorrow or the next day. Every child does it different, there is no set age for them to do it.
When he does you are going to wish he was back to scooting. the next thing is settng up,, pulling up and then watch out
LOVE YOU HUGS LOGAN
Oh, what a wonderful joy to see my great grandson and know he is a true genius. He gets it from his grandfather Dave, the only genius in the family until Logan was born. Logan you are loved.
O, Ma
Post a Comment