We rarely go to the movies anymore, but this past week, Zeb lectured me that I am not old....so, to prove to him that I'm still the young 20-something (now 30) that he fell in love with, we went to the theatre twice this weekend; just like we would have done when we were dating.
The first movie we saw was on Friday night -- The Dark Knight. I was mildly disturbed after watching this movie. I enjoyed Heath Ledger's performance; obviously, the most talked about part of this movie. I do appreciate the movie, but overall, I didn't enjoy it. The craziest part of the evening was the fact that they were all out of popcorn. I thought Zeb was going to walk out when they told him that they had lost electricity earlier and the popcorn wouldn't be ready for about 15 minutes (after the movie started).
Today, we saw Stepbrothers. This is more my kind of movie -- HILARIOUS! I laughed a lot, and that's what I like to do when I go to the movies. We both enjoyed this one, although the plot was somewhat "out there"....but hey, no more so than a man dressed up as a bat saving the city.
Just to keep up with my 20-something energy weekend, we spent this evening at a cookout with friends from church. Here it is, 10:30 and I'm still awake! I guess 30 isn't so old after all!
No comments:
Post a Comment