Several months ago, we applied for an adoption grant through Steven Curtis Chapman's organization, Shoahannah's Hope. Unfortunately, we received word yesterday indicating that we would not be receiving a grant from them.
I also received word from the agency in South Carolina that given our preferences for a baby, we would likely be waiting "a long time." Yes, we know this. We've been waiting. So, I don't know if we will go head with that process or not. It's difficult to decide if we should keep applying different places and spend the money or if we should just keep waiting for LSS. We don't know what to do.
1 comment:
I will keep you in my prayers. We know all of the emotions that go along with this process, but it will all be worth it when you have your baby. I know that there are some negative things associated with not having biological children, but when that baby comes, it won't even matter. If you would consider an open or partial open adoption, then you could experience some of the things you mentioned in one of you postings. Anyway, you are in our thoughts and prayers.
Kristin Bowland
Post a Comment