Sunday, August 17, 2008

Bird

Something like this would only happen to me....yesterday afternoon, Zeb was gone and I had just arrived home from work. I heard a scratching sound in our fireplace. Turns out, there was a bird stuck in there. I was afraid it would get out (our fireplace has glass doors, so it was stuck in there), so I piled pillows and blankets to keep the doors steady and also keep Charlie from seeing the bird. Well, he heard the bird, so he started barking and barking.....So, I called my parents to see if there was anything I could do. Dad decided that he needed to come and help me (thank goodness), so they arrived with fish net in-hand. The bird was hiding, so it took about 5 minutes before my parents seen/heard the bird. Well, after a few minutes, the bird comes flying out of the fireplace, right towards mom and me who were sitting on the couch. Of course, we screamed and then laughed and continued laughing until finally dad caught the bird in the kitchen. Charlie was in full hunting-mode and he definitely thought he was helping dad.

It was pretty exciting, although I was just looking forward to a peaceful Saturday. Dad fixed the problem in the fireplace, so hopefully, that won't be happening again anytime soon. Thank goodness it was just a bird and not a bat...or a raccoon, or a opossum.

No comments: