Monday, September 23, 2013

"The Eskimo Isn't Working" - Disney Day 2

We started our day by going to Epcot.  One of the things I regretted about our visit last time is that we didn't get a chance to do a lot in the World Showcase part of Epcot, so I wanted to make sure we did this time.  As soon as we got there, Zeb and Logan went to Test Track.  I skipped that, but the boys loved it.  It was something that we didn't do last year.  I shopped while they were doing that. 
My favorite part of the day (and maybe my life) was when Logan was studying my face and then leaned over to me and said, "Mom, you're gorgeous."
 Then, we went to Canada and watched a 360-degree film on Canada.  It was really cool! 
Zeb and Logan cooling off.


Today, Logan said, "Turns out, Disney isn't a rip-off!"
 Next, we headed to the United Kingdom.  We ate a quick lunch at Yorkshire Fish & Chips.  The fish was AMAZING, but we ended up not getting a table, so we ate on a park bench.  Logan ended up throwing most of our lunch to the ducks!
 After that, we went to France.  We watched a movie about France (I love).  And I just loving pretending we were really in France.  I told Logan that I have been to Paris and he said, "I didn't know that!"  I love that we get to know each other more each day.

After that, we headed to the Nemo ride, which was a favorite last year.  Then we had to do talk time with Crush.  Logan is so adorable that he is always the kid that gets picked out of a crowd!  So, he jumped at the chance to talk to Crush.  And he was star-struck.  When Crush asked him his name, he said, "Hey."  And then he asked him again and Logan said, "You don't eat sharks."  We asked Logan about it later and he admitted that it was just a case of forgetting everything because he was on the spot.  I laughed so hard.  That's my boy!  We ate supper at the Coral Reef.  The food was so-so.  The service was definitely not great.  Our waitress was good, but they forgot about making my meal and then we ended up waiting a long time.  Logan enjoyed his dessert though. 
You know you are really enjoying a cupcake when you get frosting in your hair!
 After supper, we headed back to our room at the 'Temporary, as Logan calls it.  The elevator wasn't working when we got back.  When we went to leave later that night, the escalator wasn't working and Logan asked, "Why isn't the Eskimo working?!!"

Magic Kingdom had extended hours, so we took a nap from about 6 - 8:30.  We woke up in time to watch the fireworks from our balcony.  Oh my.  We are LOVING our room/hotel.

After that, we headed to the Magic Kingdom.  We did a little shopping and then headed for the Buzz Lightyear ride (of course).  We all viewed the Carousel of Progress and then we rode the People Mover.  And then the People Mover stopped moving...for just a while.  But I think that's funny.  I don't know why.  Maybe because it's 1:30 a.m. as I'm writing this.
We had a few different snacks tonight.  Another chocolate croissant and frozen apple juice.  A pineapple float, and then we had a (literal) midnight snack at Casey's Hot Dog stand. 

Our hotel is super close to the Magic Kingdom.  But Logan didn't want to walk back, so we ended up taking a bus back to our hotel tonight.  Strangely enough, we had to ride a bus that took us farther from our hotel and then back. 

Now, we are all cleaned up and getting ready to go to sleep.  Hopefully, we'll sleep in tomorrow and have another full day.

Oh, I should mention that it rained.  But honestly, the rain doesn't bother me too much because we are too busy having fun!!!

No comments: