Sunday, September 22, 2013

"Disney is a Rip-Off" -- Disney Day 1

Imagine the horror when Logan said, rather loudly, on the plane as we were approaching Orlando, "Disney is a rip-off!!!!"  I guess Zeb was telling him something about Santa not being real and then Logan couldn't see Disney from the plane and ultimately, he was just upset.  It was hilarious!
 
So, we are back at Disney.  We've done things a little different this year.  We are staying at The Contemporary hotel.  Ummmm.  Nice. Oh, but let me back up.  We flew "business class" this time.  Are you kidding me?  They treat you so much better when you pay a little extra money.  I've never flown that way before, but I'm not sure I can ever go back to those cramped seats again.  The flight was uneventful and we arrived at Disney with no problems.  It's different when you've already been here!
 
 So, we also upgraded our hotel from last year.  We are staying in a deluxe hotel this year.  And let me just say that it's different -- BETTER!!!!  Instead of standing in line to check in and all that, someone met us as we were getting off the Magic Express and checked us in on her iPad.  We were chosen for the new Magic Bands and we love it.  Not that anyone at Disney is ever mean, but they are a lot nicer if you are spending more money :)
 The monorail runs right through our hotel.  And the above is a view from our balcony.  That's right.  It's basically the equivalent of having an Eiffel Tower view if you were staying in Paris.  We can walk to the Magic Kingdom. 

We were so excited to get into the park, so we quickly checked out our room and headed that way.  I love when you're just walking down Main Street and a parade comes by. 

 We first headed for the Buzz Lightyear ride.  I didn't ride it last year because I thought it would make me sick, but Logan and I made a deal that if he was going to ride the new Little Mermaid ride with me, I was going to have to ride his favorite ride - Buzz Lightyear.  So, I did.  And it was fun!!  I can't wait to do it again!
 Much to our surprise, Buzz himself was standing outside the ride.  Last year, we had to wait for about an hour to meet him.  This year, it was much faster!
 After the Buzz ride, we headed to the tea cups.  I don't ride those.  Throughout the evening, we also rode, The Haunted Castle, Pirates of the Caribbean, Peter Pan, Winnie-the-Pooh, and Under the Sea.  We ate supper at Pinocchio's.  A little later, we stopped at Gaston's for a frozen Apple Juice drink and a chocolate croissant.  Yum!
This is the Beast's Castle.  How cool is it that it was dark and stormy looking when I took this picture.  Reminds me of the movie!

Logan and Zeb on Dumbo - that ride is too crazy for me!

The new Little Mermaid ride.  Logan wasn't too thrilled about riding it, but said he'd do it for me.  Afterwards, he admitted that he "really enjoyed the ride" and would like to go back.

This is Gaston's chair.  We loved the ambiance at Gaston's!

It's a Small World.  Yep.  We rode it.
We are SO tired from traveling a large part of the day and the running all around the Magic Kingdom, but we are SO happy to be here!!!!  We are already having so much fun and cannot wait to make so many memories over the next week.

Since we are here celebrating Logan's birthday, he gets to wear a birthday button.  Everyone says "Happy Birthday."  And he says, "You're welcome" back to them.  You know, because that makes sense :)  Last year, he was so good at saying, "Thank you!" in response to the "Happy Birthdays," so I'm not sure why he got confused this year.

No comments: