Sunday, April 21, 2013

Recovery

2 months ago, Logan was supposed to have tubes put in his ears and his adenoids taken out.  He got sick the night before, so we had to delay it.  Friday was the day.  He did absolutely wonderful before the procedure, but after was rough.  He was very scared when he was coming to and he cried a lot.  Now that he's 4 1/2, he doesn't cry much, so that was hard.
We've taken it easy the past couple days and he's just not quite himself.  He talks different (I think his throat is sore) and he just kinda lays around.  There's been a couple times when he's had a burst of energy, but not for very long.  He doesn't eat much and he goes CRAZY when we have to put the ear drops in his ears.

I know that this will pass and he'll be fine soon, but it's so hard for us!  He won't tell us what is wrong, how he is feeling, etc.  I'm just happy the whole thing is over.  The doctor told us to keep him calm for the next week so that he doesn't break one of the scabs in his throat....ummm, keeping a four year old down isn't that easy!  We've pretty much let him play the iPad the past 48 hours!

I'm staying home with him tomorrow so that we can keep a good eye on him.  I love our days together, but I hate that this has to be the reason.

No comments: