Sunday, April 14, 2013

Life with a Little Boy

When I dropped Logan off on Friday, his pants did NOT have a hole in them....when I picked him up, they looked like this:

Now that it's finally getting warmer (some days, at least), Logan (I first typed the word "love" instead of "Logan"...I think the two are synonymous in my mind!!) plays outside a lot.  He's old enough now where we can let him go outside by himself as long as we are not far.  Our lot has a fence and there's usually no one nearby, so I feel he's very safe.  But we are usually right there in the kitchen, sitting at the table watching him or we keep peeking out to make sure he's okay.  He LOVES digging in the dirt.  I think it's funny that I'm much more laid back about it than his daddy is...I'll hear Zeb say something silly like, "Don't get dirty!" and I just laugh.
I am SO thankful that God blessed us with a son.  Even though I mostly hear talk about farts and burps and boogers (tonight, he said his were cinnamon flavored!), he keeps us laughing.  We have so much fun.  Logan is a little show-off for us, too.  He loves to have our undivided attention, and I'll admit, for the most part, he gets it!
 And Logan has the sweetest heart.  I was sick on Tuesday and I had to stay home from work.  It was the first time that I'd been home sick and we didn't send him to daycare.  I knew that he'd be fine, and he was.  He mostly just sat on the bed with me and when he wanted something to eat or drink, he'd get up and get it himself.  He watched tv and played games the entire day.  That evening, after Zeb was home, Logan came back and said, "Mom, do you need anything?"  Seriously.  Adorable.
 I just know that one day, God is going to use Logan's heart for something amazing in His Church.  I cannot wait to see what Logan can accomplish for the Lord with his sweet spirit.

For now, we're happy to let him be a little boy and dig in the dirt and play outside.  We are SO looking forward to summer.  But I'll admit, every evening when we turn in for the night, I'm a little sad that another day is over.  I am so happy that he's growing and healthy, but with each day that passes, I know that he's getting one day older and one day closer to being grown-up.  I LOVE having a little boy in our home :)

No comments: