Saturday, July 7, 2012

July 7

July 7, 2008 - I had no idea what was going on somewhere else in the city.  A young woman walked into Lutheran Social Services for the first time.  I know nothing else beyond that.  Was she scared?  Was she sure about what she wanted to do or was she just stopping by to talk? I have no idea what led up to that appointment -- what drew her to LSS, what made her think about adoption...nothing.
I have no recollection of what happened on that day in our home.  But I can almost bet that adoption crossed my mind at one time during that day.  It did every day back then.  I literally get butterflies in my stomach thinking about how God wove the story of Zeb & Amy and this young woman carrying a little boy.

As you probably know, we have never met Logan's birthmother.  But she crosses my mind often.  I wonder how she is doing, if she thinks of her little boy (I'm sure she does) and if she has any idea how much we love her.

There is something sweet about our story.  How all of these things were happening behind the scenes, how God was working "All things together for the good of those that love Him and are called according to His purpose." 

I know that adoption stories are peppered with both good and bad, happiness and sadness.  But I choose to see the happiness in Logan's arrival into our home.
July 7 is always a good reminder to me that no matter how discouraged we get in life, God is working.  We must wait with patience to see His unfolding plan and we must trust that He IS working. 

Things of note:

*I have a lot of great ideas during the day -- Logan tells me so.  For instance, tonight, I said, "Why don't you take your apple outside and eat it at your picnic table?" to which he responded, "That's a great idea!"
*Tonight, he wiped my kiss off of his face!  He first said it was gross.  After I gave him a hard time about that, he said, "Your kiss is beautiful."
*The above pictures were taken at Triangle Park Restaurant last weekend.  A goose bit Logan's toe while he was trying to feed bread to them.  He took it in stride, but he talked about it a lot throughout the week.

No comments: