Sunday, July 29, 2012

He Is Sick

Sunday night, Logan's eye started getting red, so we put some drops in it.  Monday morning, we could tell it was pink eye.  We took him to the doctor where our suspicions were confirmed.  Tuesday night, he started with a fever and his eye continued to stay bad.  It's been quite a week.
I stayed home with him four days this week (one day was actually a planned day off).  As a working mom, I am overridden with guilt about missing work (this is our busy time, of course) and wanting to stay with my little boy.  I prayed about it a lot, and my heart just felt that I MUST take care of my little boy first.  He is my highest priority at this stage in my life.

 So, we have spent a lot of the week snuggling and sleeping.  The only trouble we've had with him is that he will NOT let us put the eye drops in his eyes.  This has actually caused a lot of anxiety around our house.  But other than that, he's a sweet boy, as always, even when he's sick.  He threw up and missed the toilet and asked where the wipes were so that he could clean up his "sick."  When I asked him if he wanted anything, as he's laying in bed with a fever and you could just tell he was so exhausted and sick, he replied, "No thank you."  I love that boy.

Today is Sunday and he has finally been fever free for 24 hours!!!!  (He had a fever for over 72 hours.)  His eye is still red, so he and I stayed home from church this morning. 
One thing is for sure, even though I HATE when he is sick I absolutely LOVED spending the time with him that we were able to be together this week.  I could totally get used to staying at home.  Just sayin'.

*All of these pictures were taken on my iPhone using the Instagram app.  If you are on and would like to follow me, I'm amyjo6.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I hope he feels better soon. It's so hard when they're sick.