Monday, July 23, 2012

Family Camp

We had a great time at our church's family camp this summer!  We have never been there as a family, and it was so much fun!  Logan could not get enough "exploring" in...and he was such a good boy the whole time.










This was our adorable cabin!  We definitely were not "roughing it," so that's probably why I enjoyed it so much.  Our cabin had a toilet and a small shower/tub. 
  Zeb wasn't able to go there the first day due to his work schedule, so Logan and I (along with my grandma) headed there on Wednesday.  We were there about 3 hours before Logan had a really bad fall and skinned up his face.  It was BAD.

He just cried and cried until I pulled out this Buzz Lightyear shirt from his suitcase.  He's had it for a while, but he had forgotten about it.  (It actually is a pajama shirt!).  Once he saw that, the crying stopped.  He insisted on wearing that shirt as much as possible the rest of the time.  I guess he was just trying to be a true "camper."

Without a doubt, the best part for him was the water slide.  We had it all planned that he would go down the slide with my dad.  Well, we were there and dad wasn't there yet, and Logan was SO ready to go down.  So, I told him he could go by himself. The first time, I think he and I were both really scared, but he did great.  He then proceeded to go down the slide about 25 times on Thursday and 25 times on Wednesday.  We were working hard to teach him not to cut in line. Since he was the youngest one going down, people tended to let him sneak in front of them.



I cannot even begin to describe how much I enjoyed watching him have fun.  He is a BIG fan of the movie "Gnomeo and Juliet."  When they race the lawn mowers in that movie, there is a song that Logan sings all the time...."Saturday night, alright, alright...."  It was so cute because whenever he was sliding down the slide, you could hear him quietly singing his racing song!

 On the first day, Logan got to be the last one to go down (again, I think it was because he was the youngest).  Anyways, he thought that meant he was the winner.  So, when we got back to our cabin, he asked where he trophy was!  He was confused as to how he was the "winner" but didn't have a trophy!  (I honestly don't know how he knows what a trophy is....he's never won one and we've never talked about it, but it was cute!)
Yes, his face looked HORRIBLE, but believe it or not, within a week, all of the scabs fell off and other than a little bit of bruising, you can barely even tell he was hurt. 

The sermons were great, as was the fellowship.  And of course, we enjoyed spending time as a family.  I pray that we have many, many years together at church family camp!

No comments: