Saturday, June 23, 2012

Sauder Village

Today, we went to Sauder Village in Ohio.  When asked, Logan and I would almost always rather just stay at home.  But I am glad that Zeb forces us to do fun things!

 We had never been there, and we loved it.  There is so much to do and see and Logan was thoroughly entertained the entire time. 

Logan is still obsessed with maps.  Whenever we go someplace, he always asks for the map and then he carries it around.



They have shops.  But not too many shops. I'm not really a shopper, but there are a few that are just really cute and interesting. 


Logan and daddy looking for frogs.

Do you see the frog?

Many of the buildings were original buildings moved from other places.  This one is a church building.  In this church, the women had to sit on one side and the men on the other side.  They even had to enter through separate doors!

We got there right when the village opened, and it wasn't very busy.  So, Logan got to blow the train whistle!



Logan is super friendly.  Every home we went into, he was asking questions.  We went into the trading post and Logan picked up the bullets...he asked the lady what they were and she said, "Those are round things that go in a gun."  And Logan said, "Oh these are bullets!"



This was a bed in one of the wigwams.  There were ants crawling on the bed because it was on the ground.  Logan said, "Hey lady, how can we get these ants out of this bed?"


This is Logan with the school teacher.  She was showing him that the children used to drink water from a gourd.

In this home, the lady was snapping beans.  Mr. Friendly just walked right up and joined in.  And then he said to her, "We need to get these beans out of here!"  He was such a good worker!


Logan in jail.  Zeb always tells Logan that bad boys go to jail, so Logan was quite interested to see what this jail looked like.  Once we left, he kept wanting to go back.  Not sure it had the correct effect we were looking for!




They have a special area for little kids.  There is a cabin with all kinds of interactive things for kids.  Logan kept saying, "I want to go into that house for little boys."  He loved it.


Our sweet boy. 
 Totally unrelated, but the funniest thing of the day:  This morning, Logan went to the restroom all sleepy-eyed and stood at the toilet to do his business.  He started going, but totally forgot to take down his pants and underwear.  It was the funniest thing!  I looked at him and reminded him and he was like, "Oh, I forgot!"  I love living with a little boy!!!!

1 comment:

wynj said...

I hope Logan is better now