Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

I am so thankful that my son has such a wonderful dad who loves him so much. I know that in a lot of families, dads don't do as much for the children as moms do, but I can honestly say that Zeb does as much to care for Logan as I do. It makes my heart so happy when these two have fun together...they sing songs, tell stories, kill bugs and plot things to scare me!!! I love that Zeb is the only other person in the world who could possibly love Logan as much as I do. I love that we say things to each other like, "Is it wrong that we think Logan is the most adorable little boy EVER?" and we both agree that's it not wrong and he is.


I'll get on my soapbox a little now, but I just honestly believe that the lack of good, manly examples in the family is one of the major downfalls in our society. Young boys AND girls need a father in their home for this is the way that God designed the family. They need to see strong men who put God first and are dedicated to their family. I am thankful that Zeb is such a good example to our little boy. I can't wait to see how the years unfold and watch the relationship between my two most favorite guys grow and develop (but not too fast!). They are the joys of my life. Happy Father's Day, Zeb!

























No comments: