I know that so many women find themselves in the same situation, but since this is my blog, I guess I'll talk about my own. I don't often like to get into deep ramblings here because quite honestly, I don't often have deep ramblings, but I want to write some things down so that I can remind myself.
Being a wife and mother is hard. I believe in pre-marriage counseling, you should be asked things like, "Do you see yourself doing endless laundry, dishes, cleaning floors, wiping snotty noses, etc., etc. until death?" THOSE should be the questions because when you are raising a toddler, that's what your life is like, and that's about all your life is like.
But I LOVE being Logan's mom. It's the best thing ever. This is the best age so far (I say that about every age), but also the most challenging age. But I find myself torn in a thousand different directions each day and when I've had a few weeks like I've had the past few weeks, I get down on myself thinking that I'm not doing anything right. And when I drop him off at school and he cries for me not to leave, and everyone says, "Oh, he's just playing on your emotions, don't worry about it," it makes everything that much harder. He IS playing on my emotions, and crying all the way to work is not the way I like to start my day. (I don't let him see me cry, don't worry.) I GET that he's just going through a stage and he really is fine, but that doesn't make it any easier to say goodbye.
My BFF challenged me to think about what could make my life better (as far as managing my life) and this weekend, I've thought about that A LOT. I've been on a rampage getting rid of things in the house, and I've found that decreasing the clutter helps me. Also tonight, we went out with a couple who we briefly know through several different things, and it was SO nice to meet new people who were interesting and interested in learning about us. Although quite different from us, it was so inspiring and just made me realize that I don't nuture relationships enough (either with close friends or acquaintances).
I like to teach (my part-time job) and I like my full-time job. And I love being a mom and I love being a wife. I like being involved in church things like playing the piano. I like going out with friends and meeting new people. I like learning new things and challenging myself in different ways.
BUT, I can't do it all. I feel like these are things that I should have been figuring out in my 20s and by now, I should have it all figured out. But I guess that my eye-twitching has prompted me to dig deeper and find out how to manage this thing called life. I need some organization in my life and I need to reprioritize. I'm just at the beginning stages, but I'm so happy that my best friend, who shall remain nameless (I love you, girl!) has challenged me to stop and think about what can make my life better. It seems simple, but I guess until now, my life has felt like an out-of-control schedule that I just went along with. Hopefully, in the near future, I can make some sense of it. Is that what being in your 30s is all about?
In other news (that I'm sure you're all much more interested in)....the other day, Logan was singing, "Run me over. Run me over." and I was like, "What song is that?" And he sang, "Run me over. My cup run me over."
Today, he was singing, "E-I-E-I-O, yes that's the book for me!"
1 comment:
Just found your blog through the Blog Frog - love the pics, and I can so identify with the mom/wife thing. I've said many times how I wish they'd teach some of the real homemaker type stuff in high school! Take care! Keep up the good work and be blessed today :)
Debbie
Post a Comment