Saturday, April 2, 2011

One of the Best Days of My Life

Yesterday, I took the day off of work. Spending the day with my little boy was so much fun. Often, I hear people ask the hypothetical question, "What would you do if you had a million dollars?" in order to determine where your true passion lies. Until yesterday, I had no idea what my passion in life was...but it hit me yesterday -- if I had a million dollars, I would quit my job and spend every day with my little boy. We woke up, and as usual, he said, "You go work?" And yesterday, I said, "No! I don't have to go to work today. " You could just see the contentment and excitement on his face. After a bath, I took him to get his pictures taken. Seriously, this boy has never been so adorable, so cooperative. Every single pose the photographer put him in, whether it was hands in his pocket or feet crossed, Logan obliged. And she would say smile and that's what he would do. So cute! I can't wait to see them!! Since he did so well with his pictures, we had some time to kill, so we went to school and visited Grandma A. and Logan's cousins. He got to go into all of the boys' classrooms and he ran to each one as he saw them. It just makes me melt to see the boys (my nephews) bend down and stretch out their arms to greet Logan as he runs towards them. In Grandma's class, it was snack time, so Logan got to sit in someone's desk and eat a snack with the kids.

After visiting the school, we stopped by Ol' Ma's house. She's been talking about her new puzzle, so we had to stop and see it. Logan tried to help her with it. Still, he was so good for me! He listened to everything I asked him to do, no fits...it was great.
Logan loved looking around Ol' Ma's house and investigating everything.

{Logan and Ol' Ma}



I love this picture of Logan sitting in my grandpa's chair because as I was snapping the picture, I imagined what it would be like if Logan were sitting there on Grandpa's lap. For a minute, I pictured him there. They would have loved each other.


After Ol' Ma's house, we went to the doctor, where we were told that Logan still has double ear infections. At the office while we were waiting to go in, a little girl came in and Logan walked up to her and sweetly said, "Hi! Do you want to come look at the fish with me? Hold my hand. Come on!" It was so cute!!! The other mother couldn't believe how well Logan talked. I've been told that a lot, although, we are just used to it. I have to admit that I love this stage where communication is definitely a two-way street. It makes life so much easier.


We stopped by McDonald's drive-thru to get a Happy Meal for Logan and then headed home. After Logan's nap, I was working in the kitchen and he asked me to hold him. I picked him up, standing there next to the sink and breathed in every single thing. He laid his head on my shoulder and it was so sweet. So much of our time (too much of our time) is spent running from place to place, running around the house getting things done, that it was nice to soak up that moment. And I really did soak it up. I want to write this down so that in the guilt of my everyday-working-life, I remind myself that I did take some time to love on my little one. Of course, I wish that everyday could be like yesterday, but it's not meant to be at this time. We've ran the numbers over and over and it just can't happen right now. Last night, I just cried and cried because it was such a good day and I loved it so much and I just wish I could be with him more than I am right now.


Today, I was telling Logan his adoption story. Afterwards, I asked him some questions. Me: What does adoption mean? Logan: LOVE! Me: What is your birthmom's name? Logan: Miss A. Me: Where did mommy and daddy get you from? Logan: the zoo! (seriously, that's what he said...no prompting from me at all!) In the story, I told him that we got him from the hospital, but all day long, he tells me that I got him from the zoo :)


As we are working with Logan on the potty, today, he started pulling down his pants and ran to the bathroom and said, "I do it myself!" So, he seriously got himself on the big potty. I couldn't believe it. He looked up and me and said, "You cry mommy?" (And if he knew how to roll his eyes, he probably would have!) I guess he's getting used to me crying at all of his accomplishments!!!


No comments: