Sunday, April 17, 2011

Our Week

*Zeb had strep throat at the beginning of the week...BAD. *Logan had the worst diaper rash I've ever seen this past week. He screamed bloody murder every time we had to change his diaper. It was awful. *The faucet-thing-a-ma-jig on our shower broke while Zeb had strep. We had to shut the water off in the whole house. Logan and I stayed with my grandma for a night, but Zeb stayed home because he didn't want to get Grandma sick. Running water is a convenience we definitely take for granted!
*Logan and I stayed in most of the day yesterday just because we had such a rough week. I've realized that I need to watch him at every single minute because he loves to get into everything. I don't even want to tell you how many boxes of cereal he dumped out. Okay, it was two.
*I received the e-mail that everyone loves and everyone hates at work this week...it's the one telling me that I have too much vacation time and I HAVE to take time off or I will start losing my vacation time. We are allowed to accumulate 40 days of vacation time, and I was trying to get as much as possible for if/when we get another baby. But this is God's way of telling me that it's time to slow down. We are planning a vacation for the end of May, but until then, I must take 2 vacation days per month, minimum in order not to lose it. And you know what's weird about it??? I'm really struggling with this. I love time off, but I don't take time off very much. What is my problem?

*Our washing machine and dryer have always been sub-par, so we bit the bullet and got a new set. I'm excited, but at the same time, I hate that we have to make necessary purchases that are so expensive. This past weekend, I've been drying every load 3 - 4 times just to get them dry because our washer hasn't been spinning out all the water and the dryer doesn't heat very well. So, it was definitely time. *Logan has a mild case of pink eye this weekend. We noticed it coming on last evening, so we put the drops in his eye, so he should be good to go by tomorrow, but I tell you, people, my spirit and my will is failing. It feels like we have had one thing after another around here lately. There's some other stuff going on, that I'm not at liberty to discuss here (don't jump to conclusions, no baby, no marriage problems, no health problems, etc...) but it's just stuff that weighs heavy on my heart and makes me wonder how much I am really cut-out to handle.


*We are just praying for some peace and quiet this week. That God will move in our hearts and allow us to handle the things that we are faced with with grace and dignity. If I had to guess, just knowing what's on our plates this week, I would say we need to buck-up and get ready for another bumpy week.


1 comment:

Matt and Abby said...

Well I hope this week is a better week for you! And as much as buying appliances stink, isn't it kind of fun? I mean, I love my frige:) and I would love a new washer dryer. So I'm a tad jealous you get one:)
And girl, take a vacation!!! Treasure your time off, you are such a hard worker you definitely need a break. Maybe that's what the rough weeks teach you, to take a break (at least that's what I tell myself).