Welcome to 2011. We are going on day TWO with no pacifier. See Logan with his paci and holding a little, stuffed dolphin in this picture? Turns out, he REALLY loves that dolphin. So much so that when he asks for his pacifier, we quickly say, "where's your dolphin?" and he forgets about the paci. He sleeps with it, too, which I'm fine with. He hasn't been napping very well and hasn't been going to sleep very easily, but I'm sure that will pass. It could also have something to do with the fact that he's been sick. His fever kept going up around 103 and then we'd give him medicine and it would go down. He's been fever-free most of today. I'm praying that he is better now so that he can start school on Monday!

Logan has very sensitive skin, so he's never been able to use bubbles in the bath. I bought some sensitive skin bubbles and let him use them last night. I thought he would be so excited, and he was for about 3 minutes. Then, he wanted to get out. He never wants to get out of the tub! We'll try it again, as they didn't bother his skin at all.



Being home with Logan the past several days, he has wanted to keep "Finding Nemo" constantly on the television. We spent some time in quiet, with the tv off, but when his daddy and I wanted to sit down and watch tv, the last thing we wanted on was Nemo! So, we got out our portable DVD player and set it up in the living room. Logan has his own little tv area and he loves it! We snapped this next picture when he was obviously too close to the screen. Don't worry, we didn't let him stay there any longer than it took to take the picture. But we have noticed him with his face literally plastered up to the screen...what is up with that?! We put his little chair at a reasonable distance from the screen and that's where he usually sits. We've also found him with his hands on the rubbermaid container and his legs on his chair (rear end in the air), we've found him trying to bite the DVD player, we've found him sitting on the rubbermaid container trying to watch the DVD player while sitting beside it. And just once, he flipped his chair over and hit his head on the rubbermaid container. But all in all, I'd say it's a good move for us :)

Logan is very entertaining. For instance, he will say, "No" to something we tell him to do and when I say, "Don't say 'no' to me," he'll say "yes" and then do it. And when he gets upset with Zeb he will say, "I see mother!" and will want to come find me. (I think it's funny that I'm "mother" now.) I put all of his toys in new plastic bins and organized everything and he thought he got all new toys. He kept saying, "Thank you, mommy."
Since we take his temperature with an ear thermometer, I will ask him if I can look for Mickey Mouse, rabbits, frogs, etc., in his ears. That keeps him calm and then I let him look in my ears for the same thing. Tonight, I said, "I see a shark!" and he got this horrified look on his face like he was scared. I just thought it was funny that a rabbit or frog is totally believable, but not a shark!
We are looking forward to the changes of next week and praying that we are all healthy as 2011 gets under way!
1 comment:
Happy new year! Good luck getting rid of the paci! I think you'll find it easier than you thought. At least that's what we thought.
Post a Comment