Monday, April 12, 2010

Pink Eye and Ear Infections

( As you can see, the paci is back...actually, Zeb gave it to him in the middle of that first night without it....it's just not a battle I'm prepared to fight at this point.)


Poor baby has pink eye and an ear infection in both ears. This morning when he woke up, his eyes were matted shut. Do you remember that episode of "Little House on the Prairie" when Mary wakes up and can't see? THAT was one of my biggest fears growing up...that episode haunted me forever. I still wake up some mornings in a panic, wondering if today will be the day I lose my sight....but enough about me. So, Logan woke up and he couldn't open his eyes. We immediately wiped them with a warm cloth and he was able to open them. He didn't panic or cry one bit. Obviously, he's never seen that episode of Little House.

So, thinking that maybe it was allergies, we went ahead and got ready and I took him to the babysitter. One of the many things I love about her is that she's been doing this for years and she knows what is what in the way of children's ailments. She wouldn't let him stay, as we suspected, because she knew it was pink eye.


I took him to the doctor and was surprised to learn that in addition to the pink eye, he also has an ear infection in both ears. What a trooper he is! We stayed together all day and he really wasn't even that cranky, considering everything that is wrong with him.


Logan was very affectionate today, being sure to rub his eyes and face all over my eyes and face...I don't think he's ever wanted to love on me so much as he did today.Of course, I have been checking the mirror all day long to see if my eyes are getting red and I swear they've been itching like crazy :) But if I end up with pink eye, it was worth it for all the snuggling I got today.


I did get the opportunity to teach Logan how to march today....one of the best parts of the day. He loved it. I loved it. We will be marching a lot, I'm sure.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I hope Logan feels better soon - poor baby!