Thursday, December 27, 2012

Snow Day!

Yesterday, my work closed early due to a snow storm we were getting.  It was pretty much a miracle that they closed.  I was so excited to be able to pick Logan up early.  What a rare treat!
 Of course, he asked if he could play in the snow.  And everything in me wanted to say no and stay inside our nice, warm house.  But I'm so glad that I said yes.  I will never regret saying "yes" to playing in the snow with my four year old little boy.
 We didn't stay out very long -- it was cold, after all!  But we had so much fun.  He was all worried about how to make a snow man and how to make round snowballs.


Here he is throwing a snowball at me!

He couldn't get enough of the snow falling on his tongue, so that's why he's sticking out his tongue in a lot of the pictures!



He had just eaten a blue candy cane before we went outside!


We were out in the snow before Charlie was, so don't worry, it wasn't yellow :)

When I was dressing him to go outside, he was very concerned about what he was wearing.  As soon as we got home, he said, "I don't have any boots."  But he does have boots, so that was exciting for him.  And then, he was asking about the snow pants -- "What are these?"  And then he was confused as to why he had to wear a coat when he already had snow pants on.  It was so cute.  But it just reminds me that he is still little.  There is still so much he hasn't done.  Something like getting ready to play in the snow is a whole new adventure in itself (even though he's played in the snow before, he doesn't remember).

As soon as we came inside, he said, "Can I have some hot chocolate?"  So, I made him a little, but he didn't drink it.  He must have seen it on one of his shows and just wanted to try it!

No comments: