So, the space problem has been upgraded, and wouldn't you know, my camera card isn't working properly, so it's just been one thing after another. But I feel like memories are slipping through our lives, not being recorded and that breaks my heart. Something adorable will happen and I will think, "I need to remember that," and then I forget. *tears*
Logan's school/daycare gives a daily report that rates his behavior for the day. Red = bad; yellow = some bad/some good; green = good. We see a lot of red cards around here. It seems to go in spurts. He will just get a bad attitude or something and he'll go on a spree where he says bad words, hits his friends, etc.
When Logan gets a red card, it's serious business. We want to teach him that he needs to learn to control his emotions and his behavior and while I know that's hard for a four year old, he's learning.
His punishment is usually followed by making him sit quietly in his room, reading books. One day when he got a red card, this was the conversation on the way home:
Logan: Whew. This sure is a long ride home.
Me: Yes, it is.
Logan: I think when I get home I'm just going to go right to my room and read books.
(I just laugh because he thinks that's going to get him out of his punishment)
Another day:
Logan: Mom, what are you singing about?
Me: (as I listen to my Taylor Swift CD....what else would it be about??) LOVE
Logan: Is that like getting a red card?
Same day:
Logan: Mom, I really want to get a green card, I just don't know how.
Obviously, it's on his mind. He's a generally sweet boy who just needs to mature a little bit. Don't get me wrong, he's four, so I know that maturity isn't something that's going to come any time soon. But I love watching his little mind process things and learn and grow.
And in case you're wondering, it's been nothing but green cards this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment