When Logan was a baby, we were most certainly not going to "do" Santa Claus. My, how things have changed!! Last year, if you recall, we saw Santa at the Polar Express, but that was pretty much the extent of it. This year, Logan is ALL about Santa. And I just can't tell him. Well, actually, I DID tell him that Santa wasn't real and he said, "Yes, he is!" So then, I just said to Zeb, "We'll try again next year." So, we took Logan to meet Santa.
He had his letter all written, "Dear Santa, I want a stuffed Captain Hook and a Jake and the Neverland Pirates sword. I promise I'll get green cards. That's all."
Zeb found something online where Santa can call, so he's been calling every night for about the past week. Logan's reaction is always the same, he's utterly amazed. He's also terrified of Santa cancelling his toys that any time he's not listening, we just need to remind him that we know Santa and we will call him and then Logan straightens up. This morning, Zeb got his phone out, ready to call Santa and Logan was in hysterics. As he was crying while hugging me, I honestly couldn't help but laugh. And then I said to Zeb, "So, what are we going to do on December 26?"
I have never been so excited for a Christmas morning. It's not that Logan's getting anything amazing for Christmas, but I just can't wait to see his face when he sees the presents under the tree tomorrow morning.
Logan, when you read this someday, I'm sorry that I lied to you about Santa. He's not real. It was actually your dad and me who bought all the presents and put them under the tree. Please forgive me. I hope you are not too scarred.
Merry Christmas, Sweet Boy. You are our joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment