Saturday, August 4, 2012

Parade

We had so much fun at the parade today!!  Logan has been to a parade before, but this was the first time he got it.  I loved watching him get all excited. 
 I have never been to a parade where they threw so much candy!  Logan actually got bored with picking up candy (what kind of country do we live in?!) and we had to prompt him to pick it up!
 We were standing off to an area where he was the only kid picking up candy, so we would have him jump up and down and scream, "I love candy!" and the people loved it, so he got even more candy.

 Oddly enough, the candy wasn't even his favorite part!  One float handed out these little toy trucks and another float handed out inflatable balls.  Those were the things he loved the most and I thought it was a really great idea and some thing different.  Oh, and I got a dime on stockcard from a bank. Great times!

 It was so hot today!  We enjoyed the parade, but we were all sweating during the whole thing.  And yes, those are Buzz Lightyear pajamas he's wearing.  But they were clean....he didn't wear them to bed last night, he put them on clean before we went to the parade.  We tried to talk him into wearing shorts or something else, but he wouldn't. 
 Here's Logan looking for candy that had fallen down the sewer drain.  We lost two pieces to that drain!
We had a great time...and I know this because Logan took a great nap.  That always equals a really great day or a really bad day...today it was a great day!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I loved your last comment - that's how we can tell if we've worn our kids out to, by the nap they take!