Thursday, August 9, 2012

Bad Day/Good Day

So, this morning, Logan was completely fine on the way to school and once we got there to drop him off, he just started crying and saying how tired he was and how he wanted to go home and sleep.  And ya'll -- this was a FIT.  He doesn't normally throw major fits, but this was CRAZY.  He was SO tired.  There was lots of drama in between, but he ultimately ended up at my Grandma's house (Ol' Ma). 
He was so happy to go there and they had such a wonderful time together.  I feel SO blessed that I have a grandma who is alive, who is close and who is willing to take care of my son at the drop of a hat and still able to do so!  It is such a blessing that Logan has so many great- grandparents (and grandparents!) in his life that love him and that he is building a relationship with.
 When I picked him up, he couldn't have been happier about his day.  He "took care of Ol' Ma," as he says.  They took a walk.  And they just had a great time.
 What started out as a bad day turned into a good day and blessings for our family and for Grandma.  I was so blessed knowing that Logan was safe and happy and rested and I believe that Logan and Grandma were blessed spending time together.  We are officially going to make it a regular thing for him to spend the day with her.
And at the end of the day, there were puddles that he jumped in and as we were leaving he told Ol' Ma, "Make sure you don't let a storm come and take the puddles away."  So cute.  So blessed.  Thank you, Ol' Ma, for bailing us out of a sticky situation.  I know you guys made wonderful memories today.

No comments: