Monday, March 19, 2012
When I Look at This Boy
When I look at this boy, I simply cannot believe that he is ours. He loves us. He's absolutely adorable. He'll stop several times a day to say, "Mom, I like you," or "Mom, I love you."
Tonight, Zeb stopped after work and bought Logan a Buzz Lightyear toy he had been wanting. Logan was playing with it in the living room. He was laying on his stomach, hands propping up his chin. He said, "This is the best toy ever. You're the best dad." Witnessing something like that -- well, I can't even describe it. Melts my heart into one big puddley (is that a word?) mess.
He's almost three and a half. There's no baby left in him. Well, a little bit. He threw an embarrassing tantrum at Walmart today....but almost no baby left in him. And somehow, even 3 1/2 years later, I'm in awe of how God brought us together. He did not grown in my belly. He does not share our DNA. But I am convinced that there is no way possible that I could love him anymore. We never, ever, EVER stop being grateful or rejoicing in the God-guided way that we became a family. We are so blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment