Saturday, January 21, 2012
Saturday Soccer & Snow
This morning, Logan had his first soccer lesson/practice. It's non-competitive. It's just to teach the kids some basics. We signed Logan up because we want him to get experience listening to instructions and also burning off some energy. He was SO excited!
When we got on the soccer field, he was in heaven. He just ran and ran and ran.
All of the kids have a parent with them to help them. Mama got to help him a little, but Daddy did most of the work!
They did basic dribbling and some shooting today. It was fun to watch. And Logan had a blast.




I'm not sure if he was the oldest child there, but he was definitely one of the biggest! I suppose we should get used to that. He's a very tall boy for his age!

I don't know if soccer will become a life-long interest for Logan...that really wasn't the point of us enrolling him. We just wanted him to experience an organized sport and get the chance to burn off some energy!

When we got home, we had to take advantage of the snow-filled yard. It was a nice day to play outside.
Logan didn't quite understand the concept of sledding. I decided to show him how. We have a small mound in our yard, so I put the sled on top of the mound and sat down on the sled. As soon as I sat down, the sled slid backwards down the mound. I almost hit the fence! There are no pictures of that because I was laughing so hard and I couldn't get up and Zeb was trying to help me get up. Logan was oblivious to the situation. I'm pretty sure he was not even watching!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello to the Johnstons, it's been ages since I came in to look at your blog,and I can't believe how old Logan looks,isn't he a big boy. I think the football will be good for him to run off some energy as you say,plus what better than having a Mum and Dad who are willing to play out in the snow with you..You really are great parents, thank you for letting me come in and share with you xxxxx
Post a Comment