Saturday, January 7, 2012

Polar Express

Logan was obsessed with "The Polar Express" movie last year. We had to order tickets in May of this year for the ride that was in December. Evidently, it's quite popular! We had talked about it for months, so I'm not sure that Logan fully understood (or even believed us at that point) what was going to happen.













He wore his pjs so that he could be just like the little boy in the movie. Can you see the excitement on his face?!





Do you remember the bum from the top of train? Well, he just happened to find his way onto the train that night!




The event consisted of a lot of waiting. I think out of the three of us, I handled it the worst.



As we approached the "North Pole," all of the children were given a paper towel to dry off the windows so that they could see.









The ticket guy came around to get everyone's tickets. When he got to Logan, Logan was sitting on his ticket and told the guy that he lost his (in the movie, there is trouble when one of the kids loses their ticket.) It was cute.






We don't talk a lot about "Santa" so Logan has gained all of his information from Christmas movies. Well, he was so excited when Santa walked onto our train car. He started squealing and kissing me like crazy. Evidently, he believes in Santa Claus. And for that night, I was fine with that.


Logan was very interested in where Santa's reindeer were and why they were not with him. Santa had to explain.

All in all, I'm glad we did it. It was a VERY long day and I'm not sure we'll ever do it again. But I'm glad that we got to experience it once. I know Logan enjoyed it and that was the whole point, right?!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

That was so sweet. I love the picture of him kissing you and the one of him talking to Santa. Looks like he had such a great time.