Saturday, January 14, 2012

Baking Cookies

Warning: There is a lot of tongue in this post
Warning: You may not be able to handle all the cuteness of a 3 year old making cookies. Don't say I didn't warn you.


Most people decorate Christmas cookies before Christmas. That would have been a good idea. But my thought is...it's never too late, right? Oh, the excitement of a little one when you tell him that HE'S going to be the one making the cookies. I am a control freak, so when doing projects, it's hard for me not to take charge and say, "Do it this way." But I'm getting better. So, I told him that it was his job to make the cookies. I can't tell you how many times I heard, "It's not your job. It's my job." I only helped when absolutely necessary. And the way he was scooping out that cookie dough, I could tell we were going to be here until Christmas if I didn't jump in.



So, I helped him hold the knife to cut the cookies and he put them on the pan.




The hardest part: Waiting for them to bake.






And now, the fun part -- frosting them. I just let him do it. I gave him the frosting and the sprinkles and watched in amazement. The boy knows how to decorate cookies, I must say.



Of course, he had to taste-test the product just to make sure everything was okay.


He started out so particular. You can just see the concentration on his face.

And then, it started. He figured out that testing the frosting was more fun than actually frosting the cookies.




He couldn't resist...even once the frosting was already on the cookie...he had to keep testing it.












And then, the sprinkles.

I just let him go....






More frosting.

More tasting.




More sprinkles.

More sprinkles.


More tasting.

Drumroll please....the finished product:


And now, we have 1 decorated cookie, 23 undecorated ones and no frosting or sprinkles left in our house.


But it was so much fun. I am so blessed to be this little boy's mama.

1 comment:

icejan said...

Thanks for sharing. I just love your posts!!! He is one special kid and I am so glad God hooked him up with you and Zeb. Blessings to all of you.