Thursday, November 4, 2010

9 Months Waiting

Today, marks 9 months officially for us waiting for baby #2. It's been 9 months since Zeb dropped our profiles off so that we could be "shown" to birthmothers. This time around is SO much different from the first time.



I guess that you could say I was a " doubting Thomas" in this regard....the first time around, I didn't really trust the Lord, but since we now have proof (Logan) that God is in complete control of our adoption situations, it is much easier to trust. I regret that I didn't have blind faith, but I can say without a shadow of a doubt that our faith has grown since our first waiting period.



If you recall, we waited around 20 months from our first contact with the agency until we got the call for Logan. Our last homestudy was dated in August 2007 and we got the call in August 2008. This homestudy is dated February 2010, so will it be February 2011? Who knows?! Honestly, I'm perfectly fine with whatever happens. We want more children, but if Logan ends up being our only child, I will still live a perfectly happy and very blessed life.



There are days when I think I'd like to wait another year or so before we add another baby. There are days when I think I'd like to have another one right now! I am so thankful that God is in control and I just get to sit back and watch Him work!



With the first adoption, I limited myself to calling our caseworker once a month just to check in. With this adoption, I have only contacted them twice to check in (just a sign of how much more relaxed I am!). When I contacted her the other day, she indicated that our profile had actually been shown several times, but the birthmothers had not picked us. A lot of birthmothers tend to pick families who do not already have children. I can kind of understand that. And honestly, it doesn't make me bitter (just feeling a little rejected! I kid.) -Although I remember when we were waiting for Logan, there was a birthmother who looked at our profile, but ended up selecting a family with other children because she wanted her child to be a part of a big family. All of this just reminds me that I have no need to be worried or anxious because until OUR baby is ready, all the wishing and hoping won't change things.



Although we are trusting the Lord, we do ask you to continue praying. It is always in our minds/thoughts/prayers that the Lord will watch over our baby and the birth family, as we know that the road to the adoption decision is not an easy one.

2 comments:

Amber Rose said...

Your family is constantly in our prayers. It's so funny to look back at my thoughts and feelings while waiting for Carter. All the time I spent begging, God was probably smirking and thinking, "Oh just wait until you see what I have in store for you! You'll never believe it!"

Matt and Abby said...

I just wanted to let you know that I am still praying for you! We met with Susie for our last homestudy today and I mentioned you for some reason, I forget now. Anyway, I have been thinking about you guys tonight....