There is a whole network of Church of Christ adoption programs, maternity homes and child & family services. We've asked many people if such a thing existed (or even if there was ONE Church of Christ adoption organization) and no one seemed to know anything about this. How is it that members of the Church of Christ are not familiar with programs such as these -- in their own churches?! One of them is in our state!
You can check out the website at http://www.ccfsa.org/index.htm. You can bet that I'll be investigating each and every one of these places. Some of them give preferential placement to families from the Church of Christ! The more I investigate, the more frustrated I get that we've been waiting for almost 19 months now and there are so many other options that we could have been pursuing. My only hope is that I can be of help to another family out there thinking about adopting or just starting the process.
No comments:
Post a Comment