Thursday, January 28, 2016

Grandpa

I was just going through the photos on my phone, trying to decide what to post about, realizing that there are too many photos to post about it all.  

But my favorite one is this one.  My dad has basically been my favorite person in my life until I met Logan.  And seeing the bond that they share....how Logan just completely adores his grandpa....it just makes my heart so happy. 

Logan thinks the world of his grandpa.  He wants to do whatever grandpa wants to do (think hunting, all things knives and guns).  

I remember one time, years ago, visiting my Great Grandpa's grave with my parents.  (My dad's grandpa, who I never met). Dad stood there and cried like baby.  He rarely cries, so seeing that was hard and something that left an impression on me.  But I realized the magnitude of his love for his grandpa.  For some reason, whenever I see Logan and dad together, I think of that.  And I hope that Logan and his grandpa have that kind of bond that will last for years after the older one is gone.  It's both sweet and sad. 


No comments: