Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pumpkins

On Tuesday, I was able to go on Logan's field trip to the Pumpkin Patch!  It was such a cold day, but we had a wonderful time.  Logan got to ride the big bus to the patch.  I rode with the parents on the small bus.  He was sad that I couldn't ride with him, but he did okay.

 The first thing that they did was pick out a pumpkin.  Logan picked about 10 different ones.  He held on to this one, below, until he found a bigger one :)
 They had so many fun activities.  We were able to go at our own pace and do whatever we wanted, so that was nice.  The best part was that Logan's cousin, Natalie, and my sister, Amanda, were there, too, so we got to spend the day with them.  That was fun! Logan and Natalie love each other so much, so they had a blast together.  I did get lots of pictures of them together and some pictures of him with his class, but I don't like to put pictures on here without their parents' permission!










 Then last night, Zeb and Logan carved the pumpkin.  Logan was completely grossed out by the guts of the pumpkin.  He has big dreams of being a hunter some day, so we told him he'd better get used to gutting things.  It was funny to hear us saying, "Logan, don't be a girl!  Just reach in there and pull it out!" 



As you can see, it ended up being spooky.  It looks really good in the dark with the candle inside of it.  Logan is obsessed with Halloween.  He keeps talking about going Trick or Treating, so I think we're gonna have to do it.  I'm not a big fan of Halloween.  Figures that I would have a son who is obsessed with it!

No comments: