Saturday, October 8, 2011

Today, I Was a Mom

I had to travel for work this week. I was gone overnight. On my birthday, no less. I missed being at home. So, today, I have just been spending the day doing my favorite thing -- being his mom. Of course, I'm his mom everyday, but on most days, I'm a mom, a wife, an employee....you get the picture. Zeb is at a football game today, so it's just me and the little guy. Wouldn't you know, on my watch, he hurt his foot. I bandaged it up and he insisted that he had to go lay in the "sick bed" (if someone in the family is sick, he/she has to be quarantined to the "sick room.")

I toasted white bread with slices of American cheese for our "gourmet" lunch (otherwise known as 'grilled cheese'). Okay, so it's not fancy, but it's comfort food. I felt like a good mom while I was making them.And then we went outside and he got to blow bubbles. He loved it. I loved it.

Have I mentioned that he's potty trained now? He is.















And we had a delicious fall snack.


We also played in the water table. There probably won't be too many more opportunities to do that this year.








I wish that I could spend everyday just being a wife and mom, but that's not possible right now. So, I'll make the most of the times when I can just be a mom. My favorite.

No comments: