Other unrelated things going on (sorry if I've record some of these before, I just need write things down before I forget):
*Me: Hold your horses!
Logan: Me don't have horsies
*Logan has been getting in trouble a lot at school. I asked his teacher if she could be more specific on his daily report instead of the general "bad day" or whatever. I had no idea what I was asking for! The next day, there was list of about 6 things such as "bit 2 times, destroyed another child's craft, "shoots" teachers when he gets mad, says no, disruptive in circle time...." Oh my. We had a LONG talk with him. I read the list to him and we talked about each item. He cried. He said, "I don't like that paper!" The next day, he got a good report!
I'm not making excuses or anything, but having a boy is hard. He is SO full of energy. His "shooting" is actually him using his laser like Buzz Lightyear (he does this with his arms). And it's cute and all, but not when he's doing it as a retaliation to his teachers! He also likes to try to wrestle the other students. Talk about built-up energy. Seriously. I feel bad because it's like he has so much energy in him that he just needs to run and run and run. I bought the book, "Bringing Up Boys" by Dr. James Dobson about a year ago. I think it's time to read it front to back. We're looking into enrolling him into a soccer activity for the winter.
*Ever since he's been potty trained, he's very concerned about where EVERYTHING/EVERYONE goes to the bathroom. All day long, we hear things like, "Where do whales poop?" "Where do babies poop?" "Where do trains poop?" I imagine that entertains his teachers quite a bit!
*It's funny how little minds work. He really likes God, but he says he doesn't like, "Mean Jesus." I hope that Jesus forgives him because I'm sure he'll learn that Jesus isn't mean. But I really do wonder what makes him think that Jesus is mean? Trust me, he goes to a Christian preschool and we don't ever call Jesus mean at home, so I'm sure where he got that from!!
*He's started this habit of asking his grandparents what they have for him when he sees them. We take my grandma to church with us and she often brings him a little gift or snack. But we are trying to teach him not to ask people if they have something for him because it's rude! So, we've told him over and over "Don't ask Ol' Ma what she has." And now, when we are pulling up to her house, he will whisper to me "Don't say, 'what Ol' Ma have...'" At least he's learning!
1 comment:
this post cracked me up! What a funny little guy! I babysit for a family of little boys all the time and your right, its exhausting sometimes!! But they sure are cute! congrats to your family/sister on your new little one! They're so sweet when there that little! :)
fun blog!
kaithuber.blogspot.com
Post a Comment