I love this boy. Today, he was nothing but ornery.
It's his third birthday.
For the past week or so, I've been reminiscing about the time leading up to his birth and the day that he was born. I can't believe how much joy he has brought us in his three short years.
Today, I let him sleep in until 7:30. I thought it would be cute to video tape him waking up on his third birthday because we've been talking about it for months and I wanted to capture the excitement of him realizing that the day was finally here. So, I walk up to the bed, camera in hand and gently whisper his name. I just know it's going to be adorable when he wakes up and greets me with a smile. I start saying his name a little louder. I shake him a little. I talk louder. I shake him harder. He's OUT. It literally took me 5 minutes of shaking and coaxing him before he finally woke up and then clawed at the camera. Lovely way to start the day. Happy Birthday, Little Boy.
Things got better after a little bit. We took him to the donut shop. Sugared him up before his pictures. Bad idea. When we got to the studio, he would NOT SIT STILL. I think the photographer got a few shots of him, but it was a struggle to get anything with him not moving!
So, we made it through the day, a nap and a few "time outs" later, we gave him his birthday present. It was a Toy Story set. He loves it.
I can't believe that you are three today! I love watching every minute of you growing up, but I must admit there's a little part of me that is sad because 3 years have already come and gone. But we are left with so many precious memories...too many to remember all of them. And that makes me sad and happy all at the same time.
You have taught us so much. In just your 3 short years of life, your journey started out by you being taken from the home you grew in for 9 months and you became a part of our life. So brave. You loved us and accepted us as your mommy and daddy. We, of course, had no trouble accepting and loving you because we had prayed for you for so long. So many people had prayed for you. So, we are honored to be your parents. We are honored that you love us. You challenge us in so many ways. And your innocence to believe whatever we teach you reminds us that we have been given a great responsibility. Our hearts are overjoyed when we hear you say random things like, "God made me. God made you. God made everything." Already, you are understanding about God our heavenly Father and that's the most important thing. We have no other desire for your life than that you give it over to Him when you are old enough to understand that.
We love you so much. All week long, I've been composing this letter in my mind but tonight as I sat down to write it, my mind is nearly blank. Because we just love you. So much. And I don't know how else to say it. You are our joy and happiness. Being your mommy and daddy is the best blessing we have ever been given. And we don't say something like that lightly. We have many blessings. You are the greatest.
Love,
Daddy & Mommy
Sweet Dreams, Sweet Boy
2 comments:
Happy birthday Logan!!! What a blessing he is to you and you guys are fantastic parents!
I know exactly how you feel in every way, reminiscing, the gratefulness, the blessing, and even the time outs and discipline!
Happy 3rd Birthday, Logan!!
Love that picture of him sleeping at the end. We always peek in on Zoe before we go to bed and I love seeing her asleep like that...so cute.
Post a Comment