Saturday, September 24, 2011

Labor Day Rewind

Settle in, it's going to be a long post.





Remember when it was like 100 degrees and sunny and summery? Yeah, me neither because today it's cold and rainy. But these pictures helped me.





The Friday before Labor Day, Zeb and I both took the day off work, so we set out to go to the Indianapolis Zoo. We are big fans of the zoo here in town, but it was nice to see some different things. We got there right when they opened, so the weather wasn't too bad, but by the time we left, it was over 100 degrees.






They have a cool shark display where you can actually touch the sharks. Logan loves all things aquatic, and one of the things we kept talking to him about was the sharks he would see. He was a little scared to touch them, but he did okay.



































My favorite picture from the day:




We spent entirely too much money on Logan dipping his hand into paint and then the guy designed a cool dinosaur picture around his hand print. Too much money, but it was worth it. I didn't take a picture of the final project though. Sorry. Trust me, it's neat.





The zoo has a really kid-friendly playground, as in, it seems nearly impossible for a child to get hurt on this playground. I want one just like this in my backyard.















After the zoo, we headed to Horse Cave, KY to meet some of Zeb's family for a weekend of camping. We stayed in a hotel :)











Oh these boys...my heart almost bursts when I see how much they love each other.













We can't remember who gave them to him, but somehow, Logan ended up with some squirt guns. No one was safe.








The best part of the trip was Saturday evening when we went to the pool. Uncle Darrell and the boys were so great with Logan in the pool. You can tell that Uncle Darrell has had some practice training kids how to swim. Where Zeb and I would be holding him constantly and never letting him go, Uncle Darrell was letting him jump off the side of the pool. It was so much fun. Zeb and I just kept talking about how blessed Logan was to have so many people that love him and that he loves right back. With a passion.



I hope that Logan grows up to be as sweet and kind and loving as Russell and Dalton. They are such great young men.





























No comments: