I'm sure that people who are carrying a baby go through stresses...I don't doubt that. But we are experiencing a completely different kind of stress. We are concerned about the baby's health, of course, and the health of his birth mother. We pray that they are both healthy and staying strong for the delivery.
Because the birth mother has chosen not to meet us, we do not get unsolicited updates. I know that our social worker is so busy, so I hate to call her and take up her time, just to ease my mind. But, I had to break-down yesterday and call the social worker just to see if she had heard anything. Now, I had been fighting off the urge all day, but decided to call at a particular moment. When our social worker answered the phone, she said, "I just met with the birth mother that picked you." How crazy is that?! Our birth mother was leaving there, just as I was dialing the phone!
Everything is going well. She is making all of her doctor's appointments and now has weekly appointments with the social worker. She is still 100% committed to her adoption plan. We've been told that she has not wavered at all about her adoption plan. She is going to be tested for gestational diabetes, but I'm not sure about the details of that (why they are testing her, is there cause for concern, etc.).
So, we wait and we pray. Don't get me wrong, there's a TON to do while we wait. Tonight, dad was over working on the closet in the baby's room. (I think we'll be lucky to have that room done by the time Logan arrives.) Tomorrow, we are going to get our fingerprints and background check at the police station, going to the doctor's for our physicals (all this must be done to update our home study), and then -- just for fun -- we are checking out a daycare. We have several family members who have generously offered to watch the baby, and we are sooooo grateful for that! However, we do see the benefit of exposing him to other children and organized group activities once or twice a week. But, that's a subject for another post! No judgments, please!!!
For those of you that are reading this, I know you're probably our faithful prayer warriors, too. For that, THANK YOU! This really is a difficult time for us, although we are anxiously awaiting his arrival. We appreciate your continue prayers for Logan, his birth mother and us!
No comments:
Post a Comment