Tuesday, August 18, 2015

First Day of 1st Grade

This was my sweet boy before he woke up to start first grade.  He was SO excited!  It was no problem to get him out of bed!! 

I am a big fan of Pottery Barn.  I get their catalogs and oogle over the lunch boxes and the backpacks and all of it.  I tried to convince Logan to choose some of their back-to-school products.  Instead, he chose a $6.99 backpack from Menard's!!  And he had to have that back pack in all of his pictures :) 


Momma wasn't feeling well, so I wasn't in any of the pictures.  But I love this one of my guys....


Look at that pose....

When I asked Logan what he was most excited for this morning, he said "seeing my teacher, of course!"  You think we have a little crush going on?!?

He could not get into his desk fast enough. 


This is a sample of his work!  He has to memorize this poem. 

His spelling words - in cursive!!!! 


And his math : 

I am so proud of my boy!! His printing has really improved over the summer - even though he didn't practice at all this summer :). I'm proud of the way he just jumped right into first grade and owned it.  Remember, kindergarten was only 1/2 day - so today was his first full day of school!! He got to take his lunch, too! First grade, day one, is in the books!! 

*logan has five kids (total) in his class.  One of the things I loved about my Christian  education was the very personal attention that I received and I'm so happy he's getting the same. Praise the Lord that we live in a country where we are still free to choose the method of our children's education.  We do not take that choice for granted!!






No comments: