Monday, September 29, 2014

Disney 2014: Days 1 & 2


We flew out of Indy yesterday and has a completely uneventful time, which was perfect.  I hate flying, but I ended up sitting next to this sweet Executive Assistant to a mortgage broker and we chatted the entire way.  What a blessing!!





We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge for one reason only - the bunk beds.   Logan thought his life would be near perfect if he could just have bunk beds at Disney, yet as soon as we arrived and he climbed on top,  he decided he's afraid of heights and has yet to sleep on them...even the bottom one. But he's playing on the top one right now, so I'm hopeful. 


Our hotel has a very outdoorsy feel.  I mean, how cute is this wooden-style tiled  shower?  I want a shower this cute at home! 


More from our hotel...





On Saturday night, we had 9:30 reservations at downtown Disney at the T-Rex restaurant.  Who does that?!  Downtown Disney was completely insane.  We skipped it altogether last year, but apparently, we had forgotten why.  SO.MANY.PEOPLE.  It was not fun.  Nor was eating so late.  Logan enjoyed it, but not enough to make us go back.  I do like the stores, but not the crowds.  And in case you think I jest, we are talking....it was difficult (DIFFICULT!) to wen walk in the door of the Lego store because there were so many people coming out and going in.  I mean, where is the Fire Marshall in all of this madness?!




Today (Sunday), we started out at the Magic Kingdom as soon as it opened.  We headed straight for Peter Pan, which became our first ride of 2014.  So, that's perfect.  Because the Peter Pan ride is the best.  

And then we had to ride the Buzz Lightyear ride three times in a row.


We attempted to ride the Stitch Ride (is that even considered a ride?!). And Logan completely freaked out and we had to leave the ride!  I have no idea what is going on with him but the child was about to have a full-on panic attack. So, we left that ride. 


We rode the Little Mermaid, Winnie te Pooh, and the Haunted Mansion.  Logan was not scared of the Haunted Mansion at all. 


We came back to our hotel and had lunch at the restaurant there, and then took a nap.  

After our nap, we headed to Epcot to eat the best meal of our life at le Cellier.  I only took pictures of our desserts because we pretty much were stuffed by that point so to pass some time, I took the pictures. 




We rode the Nemo ride.  Logan freaked on this ride.  Am I confused?  Yes.  He panicked so much, and I don't understand why!  We had a good conversation about being brave and about how mommy certainly wouldn't ride any scary rides, so he's safe. 

We then headed back to the Magic Kingdom for Mickeys not so Scary Halloween party.  Logan dressed as Peter Pan. (I have swim better pictures with the camera, but I'm just doing this post with phone pics.) 


We rode Pirates of the Caribbean, the Little Mermaid, and It's a Small World.  We also did the trick-or-treating thing and  watched the {AMAZING} fireworks.  

It started to rain just as we were heading back to our hotel.  We got drenched walking from the boat to the hotel, but it had been so hot, we welcomed the rain. 

It's now after midnight.  We are all still awake, but so tired.  And so happy.  We just love it here.  

No comments: