Sunday, July 27, 2014

Chicago:::a Little Getaway


--- I forgot my camera, so all the pictures are with my iPhone. 

We are spending some time as a family in Chicago!  We were in Wisconsin for a birthday party yesterday, and this morning we drove into Chicago.

We are on the run...not slowing down at all!!  First, we went to the Field Museum. Logan really enjoyed it and so did we!  They have an exhibit where you are "shrunk" to the size of a tiny bug and you explore underground.  It was so cool!  







At the Ancient Egypt exhibit, Logan would close his eyes and he was like "I am reading what this is saying to me (as he put his hand on a mummy exhibit) and  it says 'this is a cursed man' we need to get out of here!"  And the little girl next to us said to her mom, "I'm scared!"  He is too funny.  He was pretending (at least I hope it was pretending!) to telepathically receive messages from the Egyptians. I don't know where he comes up with this stuff!!


After the museum, we took a taxi to Navy Pier.  We took an architectural boat on the river.  It was so fun!  Logan didn't like it, but Zeb and I really enjoyed it and learned so much.  It lasted 75 minutes. 



Next, we headed to Bubba Gump's to eat a late lunch.  We always enjoy eating there, but it was so crowded today!

After that, we had to wait a really long time for a cab.  And instead of being able to take us to our car, he had to drop us off a couple of blocks away because there was a soccer game at Soldier Field.  We had to walk quite a ways to get to out car. 

Once we arrived at our hotel, we went swimming. 

After swimming, we walked to Rainforeat Cafe for a snack we ordered a Volcano.  

We walked back to our hotel and now we are in for the night.  We re tired!!!




No comments: