Friday, May 9, 2014

What Happened on That Fourth and Fifth Day?!

Spring break ended all too quickly.  On Thursday, we made the trip to the Indy Children's Museum and spent a couple hours there.  It was a nightmare.  Not really, but by the time we left, the place was packed.  Glad we got there early.

We didn't tell Logan that we were staying overnight.  We kept saying things like, "Are you ready to drive home now?"  And he was fine with that. We stopped at P.F. Changs for lunch and during lunch, we told him that we were staying at a hotel overnight.

He had the sweetest reaction.  He was genuinely shocked and surprised and I will treasure that moment forever.  I'll probably tell him about it for the rest of his life.  If I had known it was going to be so sweet, I would have recorded it.  But imagine his jaw dropping - literally - and him just repeating, "Right now?  Today?  We are staying?"  The poor kid acts like he's never done anything fun in his life.  But I do appreciate how he loves the little things.  He was telling the waiter that his parents surprised him and he was going to stay at a hotel.

Seriously.  It was so cute.


No comments: