We had a wonderful Christmas holiday. Logan got to open his new pjs (pictured below) on Christmas Eve. He still believes in Santa, despite my many attempts to convince him that he's not real. So, "Santa" left him some pretty special gifts.
I must say that Christmas 2013 was my favorite Christmas to date. I truly cannot believe how much joy a child brings into one's life. We just had the best time watching his eyes light up and seeing him appreciate every little thing. After every gift, he would say thank you and give us a hug.I'm not gonna lie. Logan received a lot of gifts...both from us and from family. And I don't feel like I need to apologize for that (well, I guess I feel like I do since I'm writing this, but I more wanted to record this for Logan's sake....for when he IS old enough to understand all the ins-and-outs of money). We talked a lot about the 3 gift idea that is popular these days. For us, we want to teach Logan about being appreciative and thankful and understanding the blessing that we do have and I personally don't believe that you have to be destitute or poverty-stricken to understand that. Everyone can teach their children in the way that they see best. We are blessed in many ways, and we thank the Lord for ALL OF IT.
Don't get me wrong- I'm not sure that Logan got any more than any other kid across the country. I just want him to know that his daddy and mommy put thought into the giving process and what we want him to learn by giving and receiving.
I just love the Christmas season with a little one...the anticipation, the talking about everything over and over, wondering about what's going to happen, the excitement of Christmas morning and then...comes the New Year. What blessings we experienced in 2013 and we are thankful to our Lord for each and everything we experienced and what we received.
No comments:
Post a Comment