Monday, March 4, 2013

Hello, New Month

I wish that I had a really good reason for my blog absence, but it's more like a combination of many reasons...in no particular order -- cold weather, sickness, lack of enthusiasm for anything, I got a new Kindle and I was obsessed with the show Parenthood and then Downton Abbey, a new piano student, new classes to teach, regular work, I had to go to court for work (I love my job!), stress over going to court for work -- Oh yeah, that pretty much sent me reeling for a good week, more sickness, we thought Logan was going to get tubes in his ears, but he got sick the night before his surgery (post-poned until April), trying to do our taxes, trying to keep everything in the house washed and cleaned from all the sickness.....I could go on and on.  It's nothing that's much fun, that's for sure (except for maybe the new Kindle!). 

Anywho, here we are, in March.  And as I sat down to write this and put my camera card into the card reader, I silently prayed that I would discover some awesome photos that had not been published.  Alas, it looks like my camera has been put away with my writing....but I did find a couple:

Okay, so the second one wasn't so great.  But those were the only two I had that were even remotely in focus. 

So, we are anxiously awaiting spring.  Seriously.  This time of year, it's just basically like, "Okay, how many days has it been without sun?  237?  Okay, it HAS to be getting close."  We know it's coming.  And with it, we will get out of the house and run and play and we couldn't be more excited. 

This is a sad post for me to write because my Grandmother had a friend who lived in Pennsylvania (sweet Velma), and she was like a second mom to my grandma.  She read my blog religiously.  She passed away last week.  And although I didn't know her well, I know that she loved keeping up with our family on our little blog.  So, it makes me sad to know that Velma won't be reading anymore.  I have a card that she sent to my parents when I was born -- how cool is that?!  Anyways, this is the first post that Velma won't read, and I know my Grandma will cry when she reads that :)  But I'm glad that this blog kept Velma up on our happenings and I'm glad that she was able to watch Logan grow.  I will miss the encouragement that she gave to my grandma, as I know Grandma will miss her terribly.  She would always tell grandma to tell me that she just LOVES my blog :) 

No comments: