Monday, February 13, 2012

Conversations With Logan {And Pictures that Have Nothing to Do With My Topic}

I mentioned to Logan that when I was a little girl, I used to jump off the couch onto a blue blanket and pretend that I was swimming (the blue blanket was the water.) He LOVED that idea. So, he's been "swimming" in the living room for the past couple of days.




















{Valentine's presents for Logan's classmates.



Inside, there is a heart-shaped slinky and a heart shaped tablet.}






The past few weeks have been busy...just how we like them, but that doesn't leave much room blogging. But I wanted to record some adorable things about Logan:





*He knows how to MAKE himself burp now, so we are trying to teach him not to do that (he just burps over and over and over). So now, if he actually has to burp, he asks permission..."Mom, can I burp?" And I have to tell him, "Just once."





*He had a double ear infection, so I stayed home with him one day. When he woke up, he thought I was still asleep. I wasn't. But he kissed me on the cheek twice. He's a sweet boy.





*The other night, the Sunday School class sang at church. He LOVES being on stage. During the first song, he jumped off the stage, ran down the aisle to me, where I was recording it in the back of the church, and he said, "Mom, I need to kiss you." He kissed me and ran back on stage. I have it all on video. Someday, Zeb might post it on here.




*Me: Logan, why are you so cute?!



Logan: Because I'm adopted.



Me: What does adopted mean?
Logan: It means I HAVE to grow up!



Me: Adopted means that you were in someone else's belly. And then you came to us.



Logan: And then I was squished out?



Me: Yes, I guess.



Logan: Who was she?



Me: Miss A.



Logan: I want to see her. Where is she?



Me: I don't know where she is. At her house, probably. Maybe one day we will get to see her.



And then, he went on with his life....




*My aunt was baptized last night. Logan had a lot of questions about that. He knows that baptism washes away your sins (learned that at school!), so he wanted to be baptized last night. We told him that when he is older, he can be baptized. He said, "I AM older." And we said, "No, you have to be a little bit older." And he said, "I will ask God."




*When he woke up from his nap yesterday, I was laying in the opposite direction and he said, "Mom, turn around. I want to talk to you." And then, he stroked my face with his sweet little hand and said, "So, where do you work?"



2 comments:

Wendy said...

He's just too cute! "So where do you work?" I love that!

Hope you have a very happy Valentine's Day!

Debbie said...

I have a VERY rambunctious almost 4 YO boy. When he had JUST turned three, he jumped off of the couch and broke his leg. He landed on a crumbled up blanket and got "toddler break." Apparently, very common (although, neither of my girls had broken any bones ever!) He had done it several times before, and several since, but I continue to tell him that it is not a good idea. Just be cautious. I know it was a freak accident with my son, but it was still a nightmare!